A SQLServer database has been created for you!
Use this information to log in:
1. If you are outside of Todd Hall, (or using a laptop inside Todd Hall) then connect to the Internet
2. Next open up a VPN connection – this authenticates you to the WSU IT resources. (Click here if you need to install the VPN software: http://www.wsu.edu/vpn/PPTP.html)
3. Use SQLServer authentication.
4. SQLServer Name = CB-OT-DEVST03.AD.WSU.EDU
5. Your SQL User name is listed below on the left
6. Your password is a combination of the following characters !@#qWe and your student ID#. So if your student ID# is 11223344, then your SQL password is !@#qWe11223344. It is really smart to type this userid and password into a notepad document and leave it on your desktop (to preclude typos)
After you enter your SQL Username and password you should see your database on a list – it’s name is something like MF43yournetworkID, for example if your networkID (userID when you log in) is Spitfire then when you log in you will see your database MF33Spitfire. If you can’t choose your database from the list then start over.
If you want to begin to play with Powerpivot then click here to install it.
|AdventureWorkdData to upload into DB accounts:||AW_2012DW.accdb|
|SuperstoreData to upload into DB Accounts||SuperStoreData.accdb|
|CoffeeChain data to upload into DB accounts:||CoffeeChain.mdb|
When accessing Featherman’s database to gain access to the Galactic, Adventureworks
, AdventurworksDW or MF73featherman (all read-only) databases please use:
http://www.tableausoftware.com/ Download trial version of tableau from this site. Then use the link below to activate the software
· Landing Page: http://www.tableausoftware.com/tft/activation
· Desktop Key: TDHI-074B-E310-2DB1-3D06
· Instructions: Click on the link above and fill out the form on the right hand side of the page. Under “Job Title”, mark Student; and under “Organization”, please input the name of your school.